NOTICE OF DEADLINE T0 FILE AN APPLICATION FOR PLACE ON THE BALLOTT
ORDER OF GENERAL ELECTION
NOTICE OF GENERAL ELECTION
The next general Election for the City of Dumas City Commission Places 1 and 2 will be held on May 1, 2021.
Applications for place on the ballot for May 1, 2021 Election can be picked up at City Hall and will be accepted starting January 13, 2021 during reglar business hours Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. with the exception of Friday, February 12, 2021 the hours will be 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.. The last day to file for a place on the ballot is Friday, February 12, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Eligibility Requirements per Election Code11.11. General Eligibility Requirements.
(a) Standard requirements. In accordance with the standard eligibility requirements for a city office, a candidate must:
(1) be a United States citizen;
(2) be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election;
(3) not have been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
(A) totally mentally incapacitated; or
(B) partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
(4) not have been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
(5) have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the city or in the district or ward, as applicable, for six months immediately preceding the deadline for filing an application for a place on the ballot (for a write-in candidate, preceding the date of the election);
(6) be a registered voter in the territory from which the office is elected as the date of the filing deadline for a candidate's place on the ballot (for a write in candidate, as o the date of the election). [EC141.001(a)]
Applications can be picked up at Dumas City Hall and must be received by 5:00 p.m. on February 12, 2021 and can be filed in person or sent by mail to:
Attn: City Secretary
P.O. Box 438
124 West 6th Street
Dumas, Texas 79029