What do you need a permit for?
You will need to have a permit and bring it with you if:
- You have roofing material over 500 square feet
- Any job involving plumbing, electrical or mechanical
- Altering the structure of a building in any form
- Building and replacing fence
- Replacing tubs and showers
- Concrete work that will have a structure built on it.
- Constructing out building or moving a building in
You do not need a permit for the following:
- Roofing under 500 square feet
- Installing flooring such as ceramic tile, vinyl, wood, carpet, etc.
- Installing tile on walls, painting, patching walls
- Replacing kitchen cabinets
- Replacing sinks and toilets unless plumbing is involved
- Landscaping or tree removal
- Repairing a fence if under an 8 foot section or just replacing a few pickets
- Concrete or gravel such as a driveway