Health/Code Enforcement Officer
124 W 6th ST
The City Commission has adopted city codes specifically designed to address possible nuisances and to maintain a clean environment for all citizens in our community.
About Us:The Code Enforcement Department receives and investigates complaints from citizens within the city limits. The following are what the Code Enforcement Department enforces:
- High grass/weeds on properties. Grass/weeds are not to exceed 12 inches in height.
- Inoperable or abandoned vehicles on private property. Junked/dismantled vehicles that can be seen from public right of ways.
- Junk, trash, debris accumulation providing a health or fire hazard.
The Code Enforcement Department also has a Health Inspector that inspects food establishment within the City of Dumas. Some duties of the Health Department include:
- Inspect food establishments on a regular basis. Usually once a year, and for complaints.
- Receives and investigates complaints that are health related concerning food establishments.
- Environmental health inspections for foster or adoption purposes and daycare's.
Health Inspection Application